POSITION DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
Performs supervisory and/or complex technical functions in laboratories in support of coursework.
- Maintains, fabricates, modifies, and repairs equipment
- Determines equipment requirements, prepares purchase specifications and coordinates acquisitions
- Trains and supervises College Laboratory Technicians, College Assistants, and other laboratory staff
- Manages set up, maintenance, and organization of student laboratories
- Maintains safety and hygiene standards
- Documents laboratory activities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with a minimum of eight years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate's degree may be substituted for two years' experience and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years' experience. This position may also require the ability to supervise others.
- Working knowledge of sensor-driven laboratory instrumentation.
- Knowledge and experience with research instrumentation and related safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to maintain financial accounts as well as manage purchasing and billing.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation and gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
September 25, 2022
Applicants are expected to submit a cover letter and a resume. The finalists will be asked to provide the names of at least two professional references.